» Side arm - what is a suitable first model
7/5/2014, 1:01 pm by Ryu_Soma

Share | 

getting airsoft guns into NZ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dan6896

PostSubject: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   4/8/2010, 1:00 pm

hi, does anyone know how to get air soft guns into NZ from sites such as www.redwolfairsoft.com. i have searched the internet but i cannot find any useful information. Do you have to get some import licence or something?

also are there any good sites that ship to NZ.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurelien

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   5/8/2010, 4:47 am

You cant legally own an airsoft if your listed age is correct...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelovski

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   22/10/2010, 4:06 pm

I have done a little bit of research into this.

Firstly, the person importing the weapons has to have an armorer class endorsement (or something like that) for their firearms license. This means they are allowed to import real guns.They must also hold an E class firearms license (with which it IS legal to own and operate fully automatic airsoft weaponry, I'm pretty sure) and then they have to make it semi before they can give it to you. On the other hand, you might be able to get them to make it semi-auto for you. I know that once ehobby knows you are in NZ you can't even add AEGs to the cart, they know the rules.

If you are going for a semi-auto only gun like a pistol or a bolt action sniper you won't need someone with an E class but I think you will still need to do it through an armorer.

And remember, while any gun off redwolf or ehobby is a lot cheaper, the postage is up to $150 US on each gun, there is no warranty whatsoever, no gurantee that it will get here safe, customs might charge you bonus GST for it, or just might confiscate it and make it difficult.

I think buying accessories off these websites is really good cause they are so cheap, and with their cheap low cap mags as well their are good things to get.

But I will stick to ASGC for my actual guns.

Lol, and the age thing will make it pretty hard for you if that is accurate. 16 with firearms or 18+ mate

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dan6896

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   23/10/2010, 1:32 pm

Pelovski wrote:

Firstly, the person importing the weapons has to have an armorer class endorsement (or something like that) for their firearms license. This means they are allowed to import real guns.They must also hold an E class firearms license (with which it IS legal to own and operate fully automatic airsoft weaponry, I'm pretty sure) and then they have to make it semi before they can give it to you. On the other hand, you might be able to get them to make it semi-auto for you. I know that once ehobby knows you are in NZ you can't even add AEGs to the cart, they know the rules.

If you are going for a semi-auto only gun like a pistol or a bolt action sniper you won't need someone with an E class but I think you will still need to do it through an armorer.

And remember, while any gun off redwolf or ehobby is a lot cheaper, the postage is up to $150 US on each gun, there is no warranty whatsoever, no gurantee that it will get here safe, customs might charge you bonus GST for it, or just might confiscate it and make it difficult.

I think buying accessories off these websites is really good cause they are so cheap, and with their cheap low cap mags as well their are good things to get.

Lol, and the age thing will make it pretty hard for you if that is accurate. 16 with firearms or 18+ mate

Hope that helps.

thanks for the help, now i finally understand Very Happy
i think i will stick to buying guns at ASGC
afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelovski

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   24/10/2010, 6:19 am

dan6896 wrote:

thanks for the help, now i finally understand Very Happy
i think i will stick to buying guns at ASGC
afro afro afro

No worries mate. Just go into ASGC and talk to them, they are all really helpful. They have a stall at Armageddon this weekend too, pop along tomorrow and check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPG

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   24/10/2010, 7:34 am

I went to their Armo stall and they said that they can import some airsofts for you (Probably for a little extra though)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
terence12

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   24/10/2010, 1:31 pm

Pelovski wrote:

Hope that helps.

lol?? you dont need a firearms lisence to be an armorer it's a volunteer based program, all guns NEED to be semi'ed overseas no exceptions you would also need to be 18+ or 16 with a firearms licence. pistols shotguns and sniper type rifle are no probs. tbh get it off asgc if its not there then ask an armorer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelovski

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   25/10/2010, 1:45 pm

terence12 wrote:
lol?? you dont need a firearms lisence to be an armorer it's a volunteer based program, all guns NEED to be semi'ed overseas no exceptions you would also need to be 18+ or 16 with a firearms licence. pistols shotguns and sniper type rifle are no probs. tbh get it off asgc if its not there then ask an armorer.

Hmmm. I thought the armorer thing was something special. All good.

Also pretty sure that if you have an E class endorsement you can own and operate fully auto airsoft guns. But the info on the NZPD website is crap, its basically what I've found out from other places.

Moral of the story, but them from ASGC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
terence12

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   25/10/2010, 7:29 pm

yes you can own one but technically you still not allowed to shoot it, its a weird law tbh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   26/10/2010, 1:20 am

Yea, you can own one, but there's a limit to how many you can own. Also, you can only operate it if you're demonstrating it for the purposes of a sale. Weird and annoying law overall, used to be a lot simpler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelovski

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   26/10/2010, 1:49 am

Yea it is strange. I know a guy who owns a genuine mg34 and he cant wait for someone to make him an offer on it so he can use it fully auto. So weird
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting airsoft guns into NZ?   

Back to top Go down

getting airsoft guns into NZ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1